View Single Post
      10-21-2011, 04:05 AM   #19
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
It was an entirely genuine question and gIzzE's answer is what I expected someone to say but has there EVER been a recorded instance where the emergency services have driven off leaving a poor little mite flung from the wreckage? How would that even happen? I asked my mate last night who's a paramedic and he reckons it's all an urban myth too and they have no special direction based on those stickers.

Which States will fine you for having a sticker without an actual baby? If anyone can give evidence of that I'll STFU and donate £20 to a charity of your choice.

I think it's a s Snopes says, a bid to other drivers to be courteous of other road users or it's "Hey look, I can pro-create!"
I don't know but when searching for details on this there was a thread on a forum with someone who 'got a ticket' for displaying the sign with no child on board. They also said they thought it was an urban myth, the police said it was ticketable in certain States and a few chimed in to say that they knew people who had also been ticketed.
The general concenous was that the police officers had also fallen for the myth, but a few were saying it was ticketable.

I don't know? I genuinely thought it was there for that reason, I don't like the look of them so never put them in there.
Appreciate 0