Class Leading Reprobate
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Impreza STi - E92 335i (56)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Looks a good one.

It wil be interesting how the performance stacks up against the Scooby once a couple of mods happen.
On a drive there is virtually no difference in performance between the Scoob and this. In fact I'd bet that this is actually faster in a straight line than the Subaru due to the Gearing and the way it delivers such a ferocious amount of Torque from low RPM's not to mention the aerodynamic efficency. The Subaru has a very close ratio Gearbox meaning your constantly off the power changing gear whereas the 335i has the aformentioned Torque and nice long gears giving you more consistent acceleration.

Also looking at WHP this is no doubt equal if not more than the Subaru due to the intense amount of drag that the 4WD system on the Subaru has. 30-40%

Though saying all that the Subaru (well mine at least) has an advantage in the twisties so it would be a close race round a track and could go either way. 1/4 mile is a different story though but to be fair driving in a straight line holds no interest for me.

In my opinion a set of Downpipes, Induction, FMIC, Coilovers with a decent geometry setup and JB4/Vishnu will have a 335i beating 500+BHP Scoobies/Evo's on road tyres round a track.
Appreciate 0