View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #8
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Ok, been doing lots of reading on Springs / Coilovers..

In short, I want to lower the car. I want to get as close to the top of the tyre (minimise arch gap!!) as possible without any rubbing issues. Car is currently on stock OEM 19" 230 style twisted spoke alloys with RFTs and I plan on sticking to RFTs as I don't find any problems with them on my E92. The E90 with RFTs was completely garbage!!

I know that H&R springs offer more lowering ability but gives harsher ride, esp with runflats.. anyway to overcome that without spending a bomb?

I also know that Eibach Pro Kit offer less a drop compared to H&R springs but proves to be better in ride quality..

Now as mine's a daily driver and I plan on keeping this for another couple of years or so.. what should I do and indeed, open to any other suggestions such as Eibach Pro System etc which I believe comes with shocks / dampers etc.

Many threads I've read say getting springs alone will not suffice and that later down the line the stock shocks will go quicker so if I'm going to do it, to do it right first time! Some say opt for coilovers, end of! Other interpret the above by way of getting say, Koni FSD or similar shocks etc to match aftermarket Springs..

My aim...

It's to be effectively clear those ugly wheel gaps and get a nice drop but not compromise TOO much on the ride (remember I have RFTs - for the foreseeable future - once these expire I'm sure to get back to Standard Tyres...

Anyways.. I mean I really want to start the mods and you guys have been instrumental so far so looking forward to more help

Sam.

sitting car on stock 230 19" alloys with RFTs.. as tucked in / low as possible without any rubbing issues