View Single Post
      05-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
kevinp
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335 f30, 2010 escalade

Quote:
In Canada I use Shell VPower Gas whenever possible, The lower Octane grade use upto 10% Ethenol. Ethenol and BMW's not a good mix. I went from 480KM/55L to 550KM/55L that completly evens out the extra cost and its better for the car and it's performance.

Kevin
So 91 octane shell still ethanol free? because thats what i usually use but i hear now they have to include 10% ethanol because of regulations. So if thats the case might as well opt for 94 octane since it has 10% ethanol but im assuming performance will be slightly better since it is after all 3 higher.

Quote:
Out in Southern California, there are certain gas stations that carry 100 octane Racing Gas, but at a higher fee. $9.00 + U.S Dollars / Gallon roughly

From my house, about 30 miles or so any direction I can find some of these . I usually use a mixture and add in 6 gallons or so and feel a immediate difference in power (In a good way of course)

I am guessing in Canada they do not have racing fuel offered at any of your stations ?
No they do not and i highly doubt they will anytime soon, unless of course you go to the track im sure youll be able to get it there but i can just imagine the price per litre
BMW M perf. gloss black kidney grills, BMW M perf. Carbon f mirror caps, Superbright led front turn signal white plasma projector, Weather tech digital mats front back and trunk, BMW rear entertainment system, 7000k white 18 smd led foot area,M perf. carbon f shift knob, Front lip carbon f, HID fog lights 6000k h8, front and back reflectors to match ,Pair of carbon f side grills, License plate carbon f. cover and error free smd lighting.
Appreciate 0