View Single Post
      06-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #3
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
I would reach out to Terry Burger and ask him his opinion. He knows a lot about tuning in general and can give you some pros and cons to standard tunes vs. one-off custom tunes.

Additionally, I personally see a lot of value in reputation and track record, hell that's why Yelp is as big as it is, right? That's why I went with Terry, and others have gone with Shiv, Cobb, etc., because they have 1000s of customers a portion of which provide very useful feedback on the performance of their tune to the community to help others feel confident in the tune. That being said, I would reach out to previous customers of Smokey's tuning shop to see what specifically they had tuned and what their impressions are of the tune.

Lastly, I would ensure that you get that guarantee in writing and make sure it covers you if they mess up your car.
Thanks for the feedback. To be honest, I very well may just leave my car stock (w/the MPPK), but it did piqué my interest. I figured custom tunes were more commonplace.
Appreciate 0