Thread: JB4 after PPK?
View Single Post
      06-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
D.Mathys
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

With the ER catless downpipe, yes. With the Challenge high flow cat, maybe. The JB4 has an auto clear function so you never get the light. I believe that it is an all or nothing though so I'm not going to use it. I would rather clear the check engine light from the downpipe every once in a while than miss an important check engine light.

Also, I ended up doing the downpipe install in my garage with ramps and basic hand tools. Took a little over two hours. If your going to try yourself, the directions tell you to completely remove the exhaust. Not needed. Disconnect at the factory downpipe and disconnect the exhaust hanger at the mid pipe. This will let it hang and give you enough room to remove the downpipe. Aso the directions say you need an E12 socket to remove the downpipe bracket. It is incorrect. I have u p to E16 which was to small. I ended up using a universal socket. If I was to guess, it's an E18 or E20.

I drank to much during the install to take it for a spin, but it starts up and sounds good. When I wake up tommorow, switch to map 2 and take it for a spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30MSport View Post
With the downpipe is the check engine light going to come on?
Appreciate 0