06-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #13
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Mathys View Post
Tdizzle you change maps with the volume button and via laptop. On previous model n54s and n55s, you can do all kinds of things via the steering wheel, but currently you can only change between map 0 and 1 on the f30. worth checking out the threads on n54tech. kind of gies us an idea what could be on the way for us. Also Once you put it on map it will stay until you change it.

For the install, I ended up soldering the can wires together instead of using the nuts. You can hide it in the split loom instead of having two nuts sticking out. As for where the can wires tap, when I get more time I'm going to see if I can tap at a different location, maybe under the engine cover so its out of sight. Haven't had the time to take a look yet though.
I keep an eye on the forums there, although not much goes on unless they release something new it seems.

I guess I just found the software a bit odd with the placement of map switching under data logging rather than user adjustments. It looks I'm in map 1 (which was default when I installed it), I just wanted to double check. I guess I could try swapping to 0 and note the difference to make sure.

As for as soldering opposed to the wire nuts, that's probably a better solution.
Appreciate 0