View Single Post
      04-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #1
CrocodileHunter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330d

New 330d Owner

Hello people

Just bought myself a 330d m sport and have a couple of questions I'd like peoples opinions on. Its my first bmw after being into jap stuff for the last few years

After a bit of research i decided i wanted an m57 engined car and found a nice straight car in sliver on a 55 plate.

The things i wanted to ask about have been covered loads of times but there is loads of conflicting information out there.

Firstly swirl flaps. Assuming that my car will have the later type fitted is it worth removing them? From what i can make out i dont think it is? This was more an e46 issue

Next is the egr valve. Can they just be blanked off (or vacuum disconnected and plugged) without causing a fault code on these? My experience with egr valves on all diesels is that they are a complete pain in the neck.

I plan to at least remove the manifold to inspect what its like and at least give it all a clean.

Lastly there seems to be a fair few posts out there about thermostats preventing operating temperature being reached and causing problems. How common actually is this

Any advice will be much appreciated
Appreciate 0