View Single Post
      08-23-2019, 10:17 AM   #17
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Yeah so I placed the deposit on Wednesday, 8/7. It's now 8/23 and no production #. I did call around and a dealership about 45 minutes north of me still has 15 allocations. From my understanding if one dealership doesn't have allocations, they can just request one from another dealership that does have them.

This other dealership is matching the same offer, and said they can get me a production # same day.

If this dealership was straight with me from the get go, I would have no problem being patient. But they've been feeding me constant BS every time I contacted them.

Here's my timeline:

8/7 - Placed the deposit

8/8 - Requested to add a feature to the build, and had dealership resend the updated VIR report. Also requested an updated lease quote since the added feature would change the MSRP. Dealership sent VIR report but no updated quote.

8/9 - Called dealership and again asked for updated lease quote, as well as a production #. Was told I'd get both in a couple days.

8/14 - Still no updated lease quote or production #. I call CA again and tell them I need an updated lease quote. They send me a picture of the old lease quote with numbers crossed off and new monthly payment amount handwritten in. I reply back to the email saying thanks, and to please keep me updated on production #. I send a separate email to the GM asking about when they're expecting more allocations - No reply.

8/19 - Still have heard nothing. Send an email to CA asking about any updates with production # - No reply.

8/20 - Call CA, ask him if they truly have no allocations, why haven't they asked for one from another dealership (at this point I've verified with another dealership in the area who has confirmed they have 15 allocations available). CA says nobody has allocations because the SC plant is retooling for 2020 builds. I tell him that's not true, they began production of the 2020 models in July. He says he'll look into it and get back to me. CA calls me back couple hours later saying yes other dealerships do have allocations, and they should have a production # to me "within a day or two".

8/22 - No update from CA, so I call him in frustration asking why a 15 minute process has taken over 2 weeks at this point. CA says well other dealerships have to be willing to give up an allocation, again I dispute this saying dealerships trade allocations all the time without any issue. CA says the manager who enters in builds has gone for the day. I threaten to take back my deposit. CA says he'll look into it. CA calls back in a couple hours saying they've now found an allocation, and the manager who enters the builds has not left for the day, and they might have the production # to me by tonight. I say then I need a call back tonight. CA does not call back. I call 10 minutes before dealership closes, CA says he does not have a production # for me but it's "probably" in the system so he can check on it tomorrow.

8/23 - No contact from the CA. Once a build has been assigned an allocation, it's made public to other dealerships to be able to see. The other dealership I've been in contact with sends me a screenshot showing still nothing out of the dealership I'm working with, meaning they still haven't done anything.
Appreciate 0