10-14-2020, 01:55 PM   #7
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gippy View Post
thanks, yeh i did email them but spat out my proverbial coffee when i saw the quote. I've found a local place only 5 miles from me that runs mx5 race cars that can do the alignment + corner weighting for £200-£250 region so giving them a shot, see how it goes.

other places around me are:
northampton motorsport
rogue motorsport
mg motorsport in ripley

all charge roughly the same, all can do corner weighting etc, but all about 30-40 miles from me.
Well, "you pays your money..." as the phrase goes.

With such a difference in the preloads (as per your photos) you may well get some uneven ride/handling characteristics in the car. It's one of the reasons that I opted for Ohlins - the damper bodies have a threaded collar which allows the ride height to be easily and precisely adjusted independently of the preload.

Preload should be set first (according to the manufacturer's recommendations), then adjust the ride height by moving the damper bodies in the hub carrier.

It looks like you're trying to set the damper bodies at a constant height (relative to the hub carrier) first, and then adjusting the ride height by using the spring preload adjusters. This is not the correct method.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0