03-19-2021, 05:11 PM   #6
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgambino View Post
Not sure I really understand to what benefit would this cap provide? We are to believe that this company has engineered a product better than BMW who developed the oil filter cap to be installed on thousands of cars that would be warrantied?

I could see this being something interesting to consider if there was some proven benefit like it preventing oil filter housing gasket failure/leak... but I read through the whole post and didn't see anything specifically saying why this product is better than stock especially for someone who does routine oil and filter changes.
Well it's intended use is mainly for aesthetics and convenience because of its integrated 19 mm hex, which is kind of why anyone buys these types of caps. But the important benefit is that it does the bypass baseplate supports correctly unlike almost every other cap currently on the market.

Also the stock cap can crack with age and heat cycles so an aluminum one is a nicety.