Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajahfl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
The setup button on the console brings up the settings menu and allows on the fly changes to suspension, brakes, traction, engine, steering, etc. Changes are made in real time. This was shown on one of the videos BMW M put out walking through the various parts of the new M models.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...5Is94c-8eDGCVv
Right, that's true but not as easy to switch to Sport+ if a Lambo rolls up on you. Kinda lame to be like (in nerd voice) "pardon me while I dig through my iDrive menu to prep my car." Far easier to press a physical button that does that.
So program your M2 button to be your "I want to drag race lambos on regular streets" button. One push, done. 🤷🏻*♂️ You then still have your M1 button to configure for your daily driving, the car starts in comfort modes and you can then adjust on the fly with the setup button if you don't want to be in your M1 or M2 modes.
Right, the revelation for me was when CanAutM3 mentioned that the car starts in all comfort mode. So now you do have essentially 3 M modes where M1 and M2 can be truly more aggressive bc the car already starts in "granny mode."
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321131.50