View Single Post
      06-09-2021, 09:04 AM   #22
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal View Post
Replacing dust boots a couple times a year doesn't bother me. I did that for a few years in my TT RS's Brembo 4-pot fronts, so got somewhat of a system down. Replaced two outer boots on the M2's front calipers that were cracking before this weekend at Thunderhill. I also removed the dust shield before this event and replaced it with a carbon half shield with a receiver for a cooling hose. I could get a host fitted for my liking before the event so ran as-is. Brakes performed fine in upto 100°F ambient temps for 20-25 min sessions. The tires and the driver were tired before the brakes
I hear ya, but if I had to do it over again (and even the OP on one of those threads and other folks I know that track the stock brakes agree), I'd put the stock brakes on the shelf, but on some AP's or Alcon's and save all the time, money, effort wasted on questionable cooling parts, and rebuilding stock calipers that are still going to discolor over time, essentially making them worthless if you sell the car.
Appreciate 2
pal437.00
bentom2335.50