View Single Post
      11-14-2021, 06:40 PM   #6
5w20
@_sunbish
Rep
Drives: Bmw 435i & 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkflo30 View Post
Hi all, really need some help rebuilding my car. I blew up my original engine 2013 f30 335i n55 and am in the process of swapping in a used motor. The engine I found (also n55) is dropped in but I just noticed the hpfp isn't the same as what I had. I don't really know how to proceed. The confusion is because on the original engine the hpfp bolt holes do not align with the engine I put in. There also looks to be some sort of mounting plate that you would think you could remove but it feels locked onto the motor (blown one). Not sure if it matters but the engine came from a 335xi. Yes I know I have to swap the pans.

I'll attach some pictures to make this more clear.

My question is if I should be looking to swap fuel pumps and adapter plates over
OR
Looking for a pump that fits my car

I'm also unsure what is considered "better" or "newer" because I'm already balls deep in this project and just want to do it right the first time (and not keep redoing everything)

Thanks to anyone that can give some guidance on this.
That's the vacuum pump. I don't have any experience changing it, but it looks like you will need to access it from the front to unbolt the drive sprocket that is driven by the chain that rotates the vacuum pump, oil pump, and crankshaft. I'm not sure if the front half is different, but I would see if you can swap the rear portion of the vacuum pump that houses the HPFP.

Appreciate 0