View Single Post
      02-02-2022, 08:00 AM   #4
Ruebarb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai Roskov View Post
The video and link were worth the view. After taking another look at the LC2i manual and using the link you provided, the remote in could be the issue if I switch the 12v trigger mode to "remote in" but then the question would arise to which fuse do I connect it to in the fuse box? I know x3m guys with the Harmon kardon use the number 212 location fuse but, but it might be different for the g42 with 676 option speakers.
Yet, even when I have the trigger mode of the loc on audio or GTO, the loc still does not turn on for some reason. Maybe I need to hook it up to the fuse box and set the trigger to remote in? If yes, then is the wire from the remote out from the loc to the remote in on the amp is not needed? Are those the 12v trigger modes you suggested? And which short wire are you referring to? Would it be safe to run a wire to the remote out on the loc and then another to the remote in on the amp or is that not needed?
To test the 12v trigger on the LC2, just use a piece a wire to the battery, keep it simple.

This is the config you should be using, also see the pic, items in yellow for 12v trigger. Also double check your pos & ground, circled in red.

8. For +12V remote turn on the Trigger Mode switch must be set to
“Rmt In”. Connect the Remote In (Rmt In) terminal of the unit to a
remote turn-on switch. Alternately, use GTO™ Signal Sense or Audio
Sense to trigger the unit on without a remote wire.

Remote Input
This is the traditional way to turn on the LC2i PRO and
gives you more control of exactly when the unit will turn
on. Most common places to connect the remote input
are from the ignition of the vehicle, fuse box, or some
other 12V source (such as a cigarette lighter).

Once you have the above sorted then move to this.

If one of the short wires, see pic circled on the Technic provide a 12v signal when the stereo is on, then you don't need to tap a fuse. That will simply that part. But you will need to test with a multi meter which of the wires have power when the stereo is turned on, looks like 2 grey, 1 white, and 1 white with blue stripe, my guess this is the trigger for 12v.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2