02-02-2022, 08:35 AM   #5
hollpe
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVFan View Post
While I have been cross-shopping recently I naturally followed a few owners forums just to see reactions from new owners etc, and invariably there are quite a few complaints about software (in-car or in-app) or the implementation of certain features. This is particularly (but not exclusively) prevalent among the early adopters of new EV-platform cars.

However, here in the iX3 forum there doesn't seem to be anywhere near as many similar complaints.

Is this because iX3 is based on a fully-developed ICE platform and so a large proportion of the hardware/software is carried over, is it because there are not that many cars out in the mainstream yet, or is it just that BMW have got it right?
I've come from a 5 series and I have no regrets whatsoever. I'm delighted with the car. As others have mentioned the lack of EV specific stuff being built into the satnav is an annoyance, but it doesn't detract from what is a superb car.

Whilst the iX3 isn't built on a bottom up EV platform, the CLAR architecture on which it is based was designed for an variety of BMW powertrains (petrol, diesel, hybrid and electric) so the electric integration wasn't an afterthought as such (which some reviewers tend to suggest).

In a nutshell, the iX3 is a very high quality EV, with superb driving dynamics. Depending on how you purchase it, whilst it's RRP is quite high there are some good finances deals, around especially last year (2.9% last year, which went up to 3.9% in 2022), which means on a PCP it's comes out quite reasonable, which is also due in part to it's high residual value. For example: a similarly spec'd Hyundai Ioniq 5, is around £50k but it's residual is just over £10k lower after 4 years and the finance is around 5.9%. The same goes for some of the other brands.

Last edited by hollpe; 02-02-2022 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0