03-13-2023, 09:29 PM   #2
mattsrs
Major
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
And unfortunately not much came of it.

Headlight condensation: they opened a case with BMW but don’t have much hope anything will be done

Misaligned gas door: Service ticket said it’s fine but my SA said they ordered the part which needs to be painted. Let’s see what happens

Front passenger door/vent controls are dead: Part ordered from Germany

Car “forgets” my settings and ambient light goes back to default and phone isn’t lifted under mobile devices: Couldn't reproduce. Potential software fix but no new software is available for the 7 series

BMW assistant button required two button presses to activate: They said they could replicate which is BS as it happens every time for me. Potential software fix but no new software is available for the 7 series

Spotify/Car Play audio glitches: Said they couldn’t reproduce. Potential software fix but no new software is available for the 7 series

When the new part comes in I hope there’s a new software version. Based on my EQS experience I had a hunch getting a brand new model would mean minor yet annoying glitches and unfortunately I was right. Still love the car though.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Re, headlights I hope BMW get their act together and address it properly. Like I said from my experience in the other thread, replacing parts won't solve the problem.

I also have experienced the BMW assistant issue. Sometimes single press activates it sometimes it takes two tries. I wonder if there's a special trick to where/how to press that button. Overall, all the buttons that are under glass don't give good haptic feedback and many times they don't work when you press.

Also had Spotify glitches but would think thats easy to address with future software updates.

The most annoying issue for me is the headlights. Paying 130k for a car and get condensation like a 15 yo Sonata (even those don't condensate I think)
Appreciate 0