View Single Post
      04-11-2023, 07:45 PM   #11
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by junlikesf30s View Post
Hmm, interesting. I was considering ordering the AFE drop in, but figured $70 for K&N already, then another $80 for AFE, I may as well return the K&N and order the CTS intake lol.

So why is it that another user confirmed that K&N+MPPK caused codes, but K&N+stock lower airbox was fine? Is that just another factor in disturbance of air flow, as in the MPPK/mod is just enough of an extra opening to make the K&N pop codes? Just blows my mind how sophisticated the DME is.

Also, yes! If I was just driving around town, running errands, 30-40mph, etc, the codes never popped. I was definitely ONLY popping the P00BD and/or the P0171 during highway speeds/RPMs; 70-75mph @ 1600-1800rpm in comfort or 2200-2500rpm in sport/sport+. I don't know if this plays a factor in the ram air, because as you said, I don't have the AFE scoop, I do however have a tube from the MPPK mod hole that routes behind/down the driver's side headlight and into the area behind the driver's side foglight/grill area.

Are you tuned btw? I read that tunes would ultimately fix the MAF codes so the injectors don't go crazy.

Thanks for the link, gonna bookmark it.
I dont disagree there is a KN+MPPK issue. Your post isnt the first time i heard it. But the fact that there is MPPK+stock or MPPK+AFE filter basically says the issue is with the KN filter with that specific airbox configuration. Given that other people did not have your air tube, that should also not be the cause. For some reason it seems the K&N is creating turbulence or in some way affecting the flow at the MAF when the MPPK hole is added.

Yes i am tuned. Also i am pretty sure the other people who reported the K&N issue were also tuned. The tune shouldnt have any impact on these MAF codes coming up or not, but someone with KN could test that if they wanted to.
Appreciate 0