04-18-2023, 06:56 PM   #16
terryd5150
Head Fry Cook at McBurgertown
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
I dont disagree there is a KN+MPPK issue. Your post isnt the first time i heard it. But the fact that there is MPPK+stock or MPPK+AFE filter basically says the issue is with the KN filter with that specific airbox configuration. Given that other people did not have your air tube, that should also not be the cause. For some reason it seems the K&N is creating turbulence or in some way affecting the flow at the MAF when the MPPK hole is added.

Yes i am tuned. Also i am pretty sure the other people who reported the K&N issue were also tuned. The tune shouldnt have any impact on these MAF codes coming up or not, but someone with KN could test that if they wanted to.
There may not be an immediate answer in this moment, but with your testing on intakes and inlets you might have some perspective here:

MPPK + AFE Pro Dry + MST V2 inlet - would this work with a Pure 500 without throwing codes while still keeping WGDC low, as opposed to a CTS intake?

Tune would be OTS MHD stage 2 or the new 2+ (whenever the HPFP arrives).

I prefer the underhood look of the OEM package, but I don't drive around with the hood open - I'd rather have the max performance benefit.

My Spidey sense tells me the CTS has the capability to flow more air, but that's only anecdotal observation - I've never done a physical measurement/side-by-side comparison.
Appreciate 0