06-05-2023, 08:48 AM   #292
KeepItlow
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2222 View Post
So on Monday I plan to call my dealer and cancel my August M2 build. I expected this to be a hard decision but it was not because as I mentioned above, my test drive of the M2 earlier this week was a bit disappointing. It just felt too much like my M4.....but not as good. So my short term flirtation with the M2 is over. Will definitely be keeping the M4 and may comeback to the M2 later this year.
I cancelled my M2 order for very similar reason. My sales was able to put the deposit towards my wife’s new X1 coming this month with my history of BMW/Minis I bought from him. I got confirmed allocation for 718 Spyder RS and also McLaren 750S (replace current 570S), the other car staying to join them is a limited edition Renault Megane RS Trophy-R which I really like. Having had F87 M2, 981 GT4 and a mix of JDM and Euro hot hatches in the past, I was 50/50 on the G87 M2. I know it isn’t fair cos no doubt the new G87 M2 is a great car, but then once you’ve gone Porsche and above you would think otherwise. I even bought a set of 826M wheel for the M2 well early to put it on once it arrive. Maybe in the future if I can expand my garage a M car definitely has its place, for now I can only have 3 cars to my own at a time will have to make some sacrifices..
Appreciate 0