View Single Post
      06-30-2023, 11:39 AM   #1
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Anyone run MILVs and N52 camshaft together on N55?

Folks, I've searched up quite a lot about the N52 exhaust camshaft installed onto the N55 motor. Though there's a guy posting some very potent gains after installing the N52 camshaft alone and having it tuned by BPC, I did go through the whole read when they discussed about it in technical details at SP00LSTR33T forum. It does seem to be inconclusive that the N52 exhaust camshaft's small extra duration and lift will wring out too much gain; and I know how N55 head port just isn't that great; but I still tend to believe the N52 camshaft "may" still be able to contribute to a slight more exhaust air dispel, no matter how small.

My question at hand is, if MILVs on the intake side are installed along with the N52 exhaust camshaft installation, has anyone tried this and what sort of feel or actual dyno gains have been seen on just these two mods alone? with a correct tune adjusted for valvetronic on MILVs and extra timing factored in on the exhaust cam, of course.
Appreciate 0