Thread: i7 or Taycan
View Single Post
      07-11-2023, 09:23 AM   #3
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Actually, I'm trading in my Taycan Turbo S for an i7 M70... I'm done with Porsche...

They are completely different vehicles though so I would consider your primary goal: Performance or Comfort?

I've had a complete main battery replacement on my Taycan. I've had the A/C completely fail twice now. The big issue, though, is the completely brainless ergonomics on the user interface in the Taycan. Their #1 goal was to eliminate any/all buttons on the console - but they completely screwed up the user interface in the process. They could fix it via software but they haven't. (Go read my "Dear Porsche" threads on the taycanforum.com). If I saw a fancy "Porsche Designed" toaster in a department store - I would want to check if it actually could make toast...

Sour grapes: Porsche also refuses to sell me any of the vehicles I want (ie. a 992 GT3 RS to replace my M4 track car) so I'm pretty much done with that brand! I stuck my toe in the water with the Taycan and am not happy with how chilly the water is...

Additionally, I took delivery of an iXM60 last summer and find the car to be much more thoughtfully designed (from a user interface perspective) than the Porsche...
Appreciate 0