07-11-2023, 11:22 AM   #5
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Actually, I'm trading in my Taycan Turbo S for an i7 M70... I'm done with Porsche...

They are completely different vehicles though so I would consider your primary goal: Performance or Comfort?

I've had a complete main battery replacement on my Taycan. I've had the A/C completely fail twice now. The big issue, though, is the completely brainless ergonomics on the user interface in the Taycan. Their #1 goal was to eliminate any/all buttons on the console - but they completely screwed up the user interface in the process. They could fix it via software but they haven't. (Go read my "Dear Porsche" threads on the taycanforum.com). If I saw a fancy "Porsche Designed" toaster in a department store - I would want to check if it actually could make toast...

Sour grapes: Porsche also refuses to sell me any of the vehicles I want (ie. a 992 GT3 RS to replace my M4 track car) so I'm pretty much done with that brand! I stuck my toe in the water with the Taycan and am not happy with how chilly the water is...

Additionally, I took delivery of an iXM60 last summer and find the car to be much more thoughtfully designed (from a user interface perspective) than the Porsche...
Yikes! A buddy of mine who is super into cars (actually bought two Ferraris in the same day) said the quality control issues w/ regard to electronics were horrible for the Taycan. Didn't believe him initially, but reading about it definitely makes me wary.

I find the sour grapes hilarious. The way they dangle allocations is bordering on being criminal. I read all the Rennlist threads about ADMs (never heard of that prior to buying a Porsche) and having to trade all your cars back to the same dealer -- often at a loss -- to get allocations for the GT cars was a completely absurd. That said, we did miraculously move up the chain on the 992 GT3 list when we bought my wife's car (the wait went from 18-24 months to 12 months). The Cult of Porsche is strong. It's kind of a turnoff, but it also makes you appreciate it more once you get the vehicle...sort of.

Now as for an RS, those things are asking $150K ADM's on top of the $250K-$300K sticker which is insane. I don't track cars, so it would be a garage queen and for that kind of coin I'd rather just get on the Ferrari SF90/F8 train. The RS just doesn't justify the price for me. Maybe if I could get my hands on one with a Tribute Package I would sell some of my spare organs and Legos to afford it, but the juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze in my income bracket. But I agree, they need to stop w/ the allocation/ADM games and just sell cars.
Appreciate 0