johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
This is odd- If I look up 12527557037 on realOEM with my serial number it says this part is not found. Actually, realOEM says this specific part is not on any variant of F3x. Have you confirmed that this is in fact on F3x cars?
THE STATEMANTS BELOW IN REGARD TO WATER PUMP GROUNDING BOLT ARE INCOORECT. IT IS ACTUALLY A SEPARATE BOLT THAT ATTACHES A WIRE TO THE ENGINE BLOCK.

Good catch! I didn’t check FCP Euro’s work. It was so detailed that I assumed that it was correct. I bought the stock bolt that they specified and just had it put on while some other work was being done in that area of my car. It’s 20mm long instead of the 26mm bolt that is listed for my car. The mechanic who replaced it never said anything about it being short. I’ll have to check back with him.

It appears that FCP may have used an E-Series N55 for their article, not realizing that BMW changed to a longer bolt in the F-Series?

So the 26mm bolt is:
BMW 11517602123, dealer list $2.56

I’ll have to do some searching to see if there is a BMW part number for a steel bolt with those specs: M8x1.25x26 with a torx head and integrated washer. But any high strength steel bolt with a washer should work in that size. Fastener torque specs do not change if only the length changes, so steel bolt torque spec remains the same at 19Nm with blue loctite recommended.

I sent an email to FCP with this additional information.
Appreciate 0