08-13-2023, 12:53 PM   #7
thatgarrett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i  [8.60]
Still a nice kit! While it doesn’t make much sense to buy if you’re looking for a tune these days, getting a car with it is still a nice find, I think you should have the performance intake and exhaust, check under your bumper and see if there’s an ///M on the muffler- a pretty desirable part for most that want an upgrade but not a crazy loud aftermarket system. The tune is fine, you can always get an aftermarket one that pushes the engine more but nothing wrong with the m performance one and I’d be pretty happy if my car had been outfitted with one

PWG and EWG are different kinds of wastegates on the n55 engine, EWG was an updated version that was electronically controlled, but more importantly there was a revised turbo that was a bit bigger as well. Stock for stock not a huge difference, EWG will get a little more gains in aftermarket tunes and has a slightly higher ceiling that can be pushed on the stock turbo. PWG still has plenty to give though- for most people difference won’t matter or be that apparent. Someone who is more familiar with EWG can chime in but unless you’re planning a rather large build you probably wont notice much of a difference.
Appreciate 1