View Single Post
      09-28-2023, 05:35 AM   #1452
Rate-of-Twist
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F900Xr, Volvo XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydefrog View Post
Quite the leap indeed. Great, it can hold airplane luggage and cups . What you get in practicality in the M2 you're giving up like 10% of the performance in a very specific way of driving with the GT4.

It still boggles my mind a bit that they are even in the same price realm in Europe though. Lucky bastards. I totally get it, I would take a GT4 too if they were comparable in price out here in the US but they just aren't.
I had no idea how similar in price the GTS and M2 are in Europe either. Watching in of the reviews, I kept saying out loud - the Porsche is $100k how is this a comparison?

If they were the same price in the US, I would have a real hard time not leaning in the direction of a GTS 4.0. But in reality, the “conservative” spec I build in a GTS is $102k - and that’s only adding shark blue and sport seat to the base spec.

On the flip side my spec for the M2 can include some extras like a carbon roof and still be $68k

When you look around there are a good number of sports cars in the $100k area that are amazing performers. What you cannot say is that there are a ton of interesting, solid performing cars that start in the $60k range anymore
Appreciate 1
clydefrog291.50