View Single Post
      02-14-2024, 04:29 AM   #3
dmmeys
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 X1 F48

Thanks for your response. My car bears no resemblance to the manual... Tried to attach an extract from an F48 manual uploaded by another forum user but the forum is asking for an image URL to share and I have no idea how to do that! Whilst that manual is for a different market the instructions and imagery contained in my own hard copy in the glove box is the same. Happily explains to just access nice circular plastic covers and turn them to access the bulbs.. My vehicle has nothing of the sort.. Sealed light cluster and 4 aluminium castings strategically located where you might imagine bulbs could be. Secured with what looks like Torx screws.. Does anybody have any other information? I know they'd rather I pay the dealer to replace a £2 bulb but surely there is a way us mere mortals can access them? At the very least I'd like to check and see whether the dealer is right when they say Farmer may have damaged the fitting.. I've managed to find an image of an engine compartment the same as mine from an Autotrader post... It's the only way I could get the URL to share it!! In the image you can see the aluminium blocks on the light cluster... those are not even present in the manual! Had a look at my BMW order to see what code my lights were. All I can see is: S5A4A LED headlight with expanded content..

Last edited by dmmeys; 02-14-2024 at 04:39 AM.. Reason: additional information
Appreciate 0