Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centuari View Post
I'm looking into getting the base HiFi system in the 2023 m240i upgraded to a custom audio solution.

The hifi has fewer speakers built into the car than the HK system, so I'd assume that a custom solution building off the hifi would be less good than a custom solution building off the HK.

Any knowledge or experience about this? How big a difference does it make?
I'm a little late. I don't visit this section often, but I think I can help. If you plan to upgrade your audio system then there is no reason to pay extra for HK, then upgrade that.

Just get the hi-fi system. You will upgrade the front door speakers and tweeters, underseat subs, and amplifier. Then if you want to you can upgrade the rear speakers, but it isn't necessary. This will give you more than enough of an upgrade.

People run into a problem when they think that more speakers will make a sound system better. HK is just adding more speakers, a slightly more powerful amp, and better sound tuning. All of this is going to be replaced with better parts if you do an upgrade.

Basically, don't waste money on HK just to replace it. Save the $875 and spend that towards upgrading the Hi-fi. You'll be better off that way.
Appreciate 0