04-24-2024, 05:09 PM   #47
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2not1LE View Post
Of course you did. You specifically stated this:

Originally Posted by JABCAT: That's not an accurate take at all, probably for most buyers. There are legitimate reasons not to pay cash. For example, my wife's company reimburses her for her vehicle. Why would she pay cash for it and then wait to recoup all that money in monthly reimbursements from her company?

My comment was based on the board average, wherein that overwhelming majority is not receiving employer provided car subsidies. That your wife happens to be in the tiny majority who does doesn't make my statement "not an accurate take at all" because it's entirely accurate for that same overwhelming majority.

Also, given today's high finance rates vs. the typical yield on cash, most people would be much better off by paying cash. Why finance at 7% when even the best CDs are now struggling to yield 4.5%?
Interesting how one example implies a majority somehow, and also that you know the financial situation of the entire board to be able to know where the average falls.

See how the example given directly pertains to the statement immediately preceding it, "There are legitimate reasons not to pay cash. For example, my wife's company reimburses her for her vehicle."

Regardless, your opinion that somebody who needs to finance can't afford it is not based on any factual data that you have available.
Appreciate 0