04-28-2024, 10:35 AM   #51
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreVW View Post
Thanks! They both look great if I say so myself.

That sounds awesome. I am heading to Vegas in October and was thinking of renting an exotic as well.

In the meantime I am thinking about doing the M Track Day at Road America in 2 weeks. I’ve heard it was worth it a few years ago when they were charging less than $400, but now that it’s $650 people here have said it’s not.

Have any of you done it?

There’s a show next weekend; the first Cars and Coffee. It will be interesting to see how it goes with them rotating the shows almost every month and especially with this one being at the farmers market downtown.
That is a reasonable price if you are able to go and beat on a few M cars on a track like that assuming you get a few laps in each car. Think about bringing your own car to a track, prepping it with alternative wheels/tires, getting supplemental track insurance for the weekend, etc. That can get pricey. Plus, you can beat the crap out of an M2 that is not yours. I would consider going but that is my annual golfing-fishing opener weekend.

I did get an email from BMW saying I have a "complementary new owners track drive" at the BMW performance school. Anyone get this email and/or planning to do it?