mtoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M2 G87

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [10.00]
2021 BMW X7 xDrive40i  [10.00]
Yesterday I drove autocross in the rain. I ran a couple with DSC on, then I tried with DSC off, I spun out (more of driver error than anything else), but for me I kept DSC on the remainder. It was also 46-50 F at the time, so the tires weren't too grippy to begin with.

I'm also a first timer this year, so take the above with a grain of salt, but I did see both novice and experienced/instructors spinning out from time to time. But I never did with DSC fully on. The traction control is quite awesome in the car, and as someone new, I think I'm qualified to gauge its effectiveness 😄

I was pretty solid on the following settings
Engine in Sport
Break in Comfort

I'm still feeling out other settings, but
I did better with Suspension in Sport, as opposed to Comfort

Tire pressure, I ran 32 front and rear. If you go lighter in the rear, you'll gain more rear traction, but lose front traction and under steer more, and for me in the rain, under steer was a bigger issue. On the dry day I ran previously I did 32 up front and 30 in the rear per recommendation from a friend, but next time I may try 33 front and 31 rear per comment above.

Also, I've been removing the plastic clips that let more airflow to the brakes during autocross, not sure if it's necessary.

Last edited by mtoo; 05-06-2024 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
apez678.50