View Single Post
      05-12-2024, 07:42 PM   #19
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

BMS Clutch Stop

This is an easy one. Many posts about it on here. Seems that many are leaving all spacers/washers on their clutch stop but in my car the engagement point of the transmission is relatively early. So I installed my clutch stop with 3 of the 3 spacers installed (EDIT 6.17.24 - I had initially only installed 1 spacer but it settled a bit 2 weeks in so I installed a second spacer. After about 3-4 weeks that settled more and my engagement point seemed high, so I just installed the 3rd spacer. So if I lift a little from the floor it now engages almost instantly. What happened to mine is the spacers compressed a bit as did the foam top. It is now perfect and hopefully no more settling).

The white spacer in the picture is the stock spacer and is a siliconized rubber. The BMS clutch stop you need to trim off the point (it is trimmed in this picture, then when I went to put it in I trimmed it some more as only needed the 1 washer. If you don't trim at least the point off it won't go all the way in and sit flush, and with mine I actually cut it a second time at that "space" in the middle since I was just using one spacer.

EDIT / UPDATE: After about 2 weeks of driving the foam portion of the clutch stop settled a bit leaving some slop in engagement, so I added a second spacer to my clutch stop and things are perfect again, probably could have installed this with 2 of their spacers from the get-go. 3 weeks after that I noticed engagement seemed high again (spacers settled a bit and likely clutch broke in some) so I installed the 3rd spacer. Running with all 3 now.

[IMG]https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=18243&pictureid=100450[/IMG]

Last edited by Mr. Hankey; 05-25-2024 at 08:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
BroDoze1520.00