R4R
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Glad you had a great weekend. You did a Trackday in the UK and praised the 335d so much, why did the car disappoint at the ring?
dont get me wrong Carlos, if i had to replace my car tomorrow because it was totally destroyed in a fire i would still buy the same car!!!!

as all 335d drivers will know they are an amazingly capable road car which is not often bettered in most circumstances.

I think the difference between my expirences at Cadwell Park and the Ring differ wildly.

as with any 2-3 mile circuit its relitivly easy to learn over a number of laps. if each lap last less than say 2 minutes then in a 15 minute session again and again you will remember what's next, what position on the road you should be and when to brake for the turn / bend.

out of a group of fast cars / drivers so long as you have consistency in lap times you will get faster and faster as you better understand the circuit.

it follows that you will understand how to position the car on the track, corner apex and exit etc, etc.

so the car is capable of doing a good time on the sweeping Cadwell park circuit.

the Ring is just so different. i had driven it once before in my X5 but not at speed just as a tourist!

the 335d is fast, it has grunt i was able to hold off a couple of CSL's in a short straight in the 3rd/4th gear region. problem was they had better grip and suspension.

the high C of G really does show on long sweeping bends and fast changes in direction, this is then reflected in to the grip of the tyres as the suspension is not capable of keeping the tyres in square contact with the road surface.

its quite simple, its a fast road car without computerised dampers and cup tyres. it it had these it would be an M///
www.vehicle-launch-incar-video.co.uk
Appreciate 0