10-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardodoc View Post
My scheduled for week 44 car has started production today.(week 42) I'll be out of country when it arrives and am concerned re: sales guys offering test drives or service installing front plate. Also I won't be able to inspect it. I'm gonna give my girlfriend power of attorney and exact amount cashiers checks so she can pick it up. Hopefully she won't over rev it on the way home as it is M-DCT which defaults to manual mode. Doc

I'd hate to have it sit on the lot in the mean time.
i know what you mean thats why i don't want it to let it sit on the lot and let other customers come in, rack the miles up and drive the car.

thats why i had specifically "timed" the car to arrive at the precise weeks that I want to pick it up. It is now 1.2 months completely ahead of schedule.

But then again, I'm not sure. My CA assured me if it did arrive early, he would keep the keys and no-one could touch it. The car would be stored in their multi-story parking structure. (I've personally seen and went into one at the dealer. Its prety huge)

Also, i might not worry too much. At new century al hambra bmw, a 3series had a white paper on the windshield that read "Customer Sold". So i'm guessing they'll usually do that and not let other people to drive it.
Appreciate 0