07-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Last year there was a shortage of used stock around and some major discounting providing an incentive to buy new. When I bought my car, I think it was almost certainly cheaper to buy new.

Things have loosened up now, but 'nearly new' cars are still at inflated values. Unfortunately, the dealers control the stock and to a certain extent that means they also control pricing.

Are the prices you quote the sticker price? There may be some wiggle room in the deal? Especially as they are offering 'average' trade not 'excellent'.
We have three cars and can only drive two at any one time most of the time one is used

happy for the dealer to have the two bmws now and wait for the E92 ,I have been buying new cars since 84 and always feel mugged as I get older and wiser??? I ask more questions and want to feel looked after,

TBH I have so much going on at present I dont have the time and heart to argue with dealers ,What pisses me off is I asked them to make me there best offer ,then I will sit down and decide ,I have told them what I want colour and options the only room for movement is 325/330 either is fine

What they keep saying is have you had better, I dont want a dutch auction I told them on here People are getting 12% and the free stuff ,they come back with numbers What is that well 10% sir is that good enough FO!

Derisory PX prices ,they tell me thats a lovely spec and mileage and then want me to turn over and take it up the arse.IE £1600 under book

Some twat at sytner today said I see your 325I at £13k after I said I have a firm offer to buy for cash at £14700 are these guys £ucking idiots

I will find someone who is sensible more than happy to wait for the right deal
Appreciate 0