MWPos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Garage List
2013 535i  [0.00]
Excellent questions!

A little data, and worthy of double checking. My installer told me that the Crystalline is a superior product because it is equally and fully effective regardless of the sun's angle. He said that the Suntek is a superb product also, but is effective at sun angles only nearly perpendicular to the surface.

I used two different types because my installer wanted a much higher price for the Crystalline installation because, he said, that the material requires specialized handling and careful application. I chose the Crystalline for the sides because for most of the day, the sun glances off of the side windows and I wanted the best protection for the sides regardless of the sun's angle. For the back, I chose the less expensive Suntek because for most of the day, while my car is parked, I have it oriented with its rear end facing the south and the sun's arc guarantees a 90 degree angle at the hottest part of the day when the sun is most intense.

So, I shopped for the best value with the higher price material where it was needed, and the lower cost material where it would suffice.

There. Did that make sense?

With your black interior, you may want to lower the numbers about 10% from mine in order to keep the color levels where you want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoek View Post
That helps a lot MWPos!

Why did you use two different types?

Which do you like better? My installer offers both 3M Crystalline and SunTek CRX

I have Alpine White on Black

Last edited by MWPos; 05-07-2013 at 09:12 PM..
Appreciate 0