View Single Post
      08-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
ethermal
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i sport package

Any body take the steering wheel apart?

Ok this might just be personal preference but it is driving me nuts. On the left side of the steering wheel is 4 buttons and 4 buttons on the left. Two buttons on the left turn the volume up or down and the other two buttons on the left do exactly nothing. They are for the phone but I didn't buy the blue tooth upgrade nor do I own a phone so those buttons will do nothing forever. On the right side two buttons control next/prev track/radio station which I use a lot. The problem is my right hand is rarely on the steering wheel and my left hand is always on the steering wheel cause I can rest it on the door arm rest and comfortably hold the wheel. So what I would like to do is rewire the button functions so that the next/prev track buttons on the right are programmed to the phone buttons on the left side of the steering wheel. It would be great if this could be done in software but realistically it probably can't be done. So just curious if anyone has taken the steering wheel apart and what does the wiring looking like for the buttons? If it is a straight wiring job then it should be simple for me to simply re-wire the buttons.
Appreciate 0