View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 05:54 AM   #12
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
Don't know how it came to be but there's a shortcut (I guess) an icon on the display -- a human head/shoulders shape -- that I touch to select BMW IDs and then select my ID. This when I am using the spare key that so far I have not been able to tie to my ID. When I use this spare key it has me down as guest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyM240i View Post
I couldn’t get my second key to pair to my wife… ��‍♂️
I remember we had the same issue with our X5 - The answer was in that head and shoulders icon - we had to create a separate BMW ID first, with their own pin, then link that profile with just that key in the car. There was a 'select key' option and the car will show all keys it can 'see'...our issue was that we had both keys in the car at the same time and that 'select key' part didn't work unless only 1 key was near the car...was not a straightforward process and it eventually worked, but we're not sure what step made it work. The other issue now is 2 keys and 2 phones...when my wife and I drive somewhere and I take my key it will link my key but her phone, and vice versa...that part of iDrive is very unrefined, cumbersome, and glitchy.