02-12-2024, 02:01 PM   #1
k-m2-j442
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 Supra 3.0

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.17]
2021 Toyota Supra  [9.50]
autotecknic - review (TLDR: don't buy here)

So I bought a number of things off autotecknic back in late Nov/early december just before my car was about to get PPF'd it was supposed to all arrive before it went off but...it didn't.

First off - I ordered during their black friday sale to save some money and get my parts here/on before the car went to get PPFd so it could get ppf'd along with the rest of the car, that didn't happen. The parts that did ship "right away" took over 10 days to ship, and then the 1 part that didn't ship until the last week of december. That last part (the corsa grill) was not labeled as back ordered or anything, just got a heads up AFTER the 4 parts shipped and I emailed them that it wasn't going to ship until later in Dec.

Quality:
Honestly overall the quality is "fine." Its not amazing but its not going to break if you look at it wrong. The weave looks fine, we'll see if it holds up over time but during initial install it was generally fine and looked good.

Packaging:
A+ - great packaging, much bubbles, many peanuts, etc...re-enforced corners on the boxes...it was good

Fitment:
D - I cannot comment on the rear valence since I haven't installed it yet...but here we go for the other 4 parts:
Corsa grill: fitment is OK at best...uses like 1/3 of the original OEM clips to mount to, still moves a little bit but I took care of that with some extra 3M tape, it looks pretty good installed...Another thing to note is that therre were NO holes dripped for the transplanted M2 badge, I had to cut the posts off the original badge so I had to cut the posts off my badge and use more 3m.
Lower Front Bumper Trim: not bad. fitment is the best (aside from the lip spoiler) from the stuff I bought. uses like 1/2 of the OEM clip mounts. its secure, not moving. looks pretty good.
Rear lip spoiler: Fitment is great, curves with the trunk. looks good, tape (didn't come pre applied which is annoying) was there to put on. solidly on there.
FINALLY... the front inlets: they look great. everything else is garbage. the fitment is shit, would never buy these again. More 3m tape and heat than I care to talk about as well as a lot of time trying to effectively clamp them in place while not scratching things was such a pain!

Overall - I should have known better than to buy some of this stuff from a company that was so much cheaper than some other brands. Don't be like me and waste your time and money on a car that deserves better.
I'm sure some of the stuff is fine but the only thing that I am genuinely happy with is the spoiler.