View Single Post
      02-17-2024, 02:51 PM   #11
TopG42
Private
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeBimmers View Post
As I own the MPE I can only really speak to it's irl drone which is that it is true OEM+ retaining a subdued sound and volume until the car is revved out and the valves are opened in sport mode. I believe our newer G42s no longer even have a resonator so sport mode is almost a straight pipe save for the cat. There are plenty of members here who explicitly state the other aftermarket catbacks don't have any drone issues as well and my impression from video matches up with that

Why not both ? Your alt plan of intake mod would be beneficial if you looking for pure turbo grunt, as our stock boxes have some sound muffling applied. Personally I'm planning on going with an Eventurin CF intake as it is the only intake, as far as I know, that offers a significant HP gain, sources air from the right wheel well, and sounds nasty as fuck over video, but it comes at a hell of a price and I'm probably holding off until a more viable ECU bench unlock process becomes available for the post 2020 June BMWs, or iDrive stops getting updates. I think some of the more common intakes like MST will deliver moderate sound enjoyment.

Eventually I'm also looking to go with Can bus integrated manifold port infection and flex fuel so my car can drink up ethanol instead of 93 octane cause this thing eats up gas 😂.
Man that eventuri sure looks and sounds nice. I flipped a coin and ended up ordering the Dinan axlback and will probably post results once the install. I think from there I will decide on when I will get an intake or look into different ones to pair up but I figured I'd just go Dinan. Speaking of Dinan do you think the strut bars they have for the g42 are functional or just for looks? Hard to tell because I can't find true review vids on it but they don't look like they can really stiffen up anything but I could be wrong
Appreciate 0