View Single Post
      03-01-2017, 11:39 PM   #12
Vetkin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
As for the voter being uninformed of the impact of the plan, that is their problem. If we had a well informed and educated voting public I think a lot of things would be quite different.
I can agree with that, although I think uninformed voters make it everyone's problem. Not just their own. I'm hearing a lot of people express shock over these registration fees that probably voted for them without realizing it. Even if you didn't vote for them you still have to pay them now either way.

I do not trust the government here to spend the money wisely, but I guess we'll see. Repealing the 405 tolls would help open up traffic on the north/South corridor also, but I didn't have an opportunity to vote on that. Or how about giving tax breaks to businesses that allow a certain percentage of employees to work remotely. With all of the technology companies in the area it seems like that could remove a lot of uneccessary traffic. Just saying there had to be a better way to fix the traffic problem than forcing someone like me to pay a disproportionate amount because of the value of my car when I'm never going to use the transit system and avoid Seattle like the plague.
Appreciate 0