Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
@ Gato,

You wont find any argument here, there is much more logic to combat the need for Germans to embrace their Teutonic nature ... fact is, after the Polezei finish writing you a ticket it just doesn't seem worth it. With that said, my neighbors are pretty cool and no one has complained yet. If they were I am not sure what I will do since the thought of running it through their washing machines makes me and my 550 cry.

They would say your not getting ticketed for the brake dust seeping into the ground but instead the chemicals you are vainly putting on your car.

Maybe the Polizei will be sympathetic to my plight considering the Beautiful Bavarian Beast in my drive.
One thing I forgot to mention is the towels you use to wipe the car down. I use microfiber towels, but I have segmented them into 3 categories and wash them separately using detergent specifically made for microfiber towels.
1. Paint
2. Interior
3. Wheels/Rockerpanels.

I do this so there is no cross contamination. You don't want the towels that touch brake dust to be the ones that end up touching your hood. However, you may not be as anal as me. Also, I use cotton towels for the glass and mirrors.
Appreciate 0