View Single Post
      01-05-2023, 12:15 PM   #1
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Is JB4 More Sensitive To Codes Than ECU?

Immediately after I installed the JB4 a little over a month ago I was playing with the JB4 mobile app and clicked on Read Codes and it showed a TMAP sensor fault. Car ran great and no CEL so I cleared the code. I thought I saved a screen shot, but I guess not. I think it was deleted from the Show Saved Codes at some point when I used BimmerCode or xHP Flash.

Yesterday I stopped to fill-up with E30 and clicked on Read Codes, as I occasionally do, and it showed 118001 Mixture ECU: mixture too lean. Each time I clicked on Show Saved Codes it would add a new entry, which I guess I did about 5 times (see screenshot). After that I clicked on Delete Codes and the code has never reappeared. Again, the car ran great and no CEL ever appeared. I even checked the car's display menu for errors and all was good.

Does this mean the JB4 is a lot more sensitive than the ECU to recording/storing codes? I have no idea if any of this is related to the JB4, but I do know I'd never know these codes appeared if not for the JB4's mobile app.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0