02-01-2023, 07:45 PM   #105
BRAKE!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
These figures are mind-blowing in both directions

104% increase in 4-series sales and 80% drop in X2 sales all the whole the rest of the "Larger" X-series have seen minimum of 50% increase in sales.

Here I am being told people hated the grille in the 4er including dominoM - also, everyone told me price of fuel would impact sales of larger SUVs - wrong on both accounts
I do wonder if this is based on what is available by the manufacturer vs people custom ordering their cars.

This is just my thought, but in the height of car shortage last year, you couldn't be too picky about what you wanted because, well, you might not get it. So it was what was on the show room floor - if the manufacturer wanted to push cars with higher margins (which may be the bigger X vehicles, 4 series coupes) then they would prioritize those builds, allocate them to dealerships and sell them (particularly in a situation where you have a lot of demand for limited supply).

So, my guess is that the distribution of what people want may not actually be accurate - it may have been affected/fabricated by what the manufacture wanted to produce to make the most profit.

It also helps that there was a lot of money circulating in the economy from the stimulus and interest rates were lower. Easier to get into a more expensive car that way.
Appreciate 2
uk0168573.50