Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibbersicks View Post
This will be why then. Here in the UK you can spec them without, hence why these cars don't have the tilting mirror...
It drives me nuts, the motor is there as it's used for adjustment on the button!!
So let me get this straight...you don't want to pay for electric folding mirrors, but yet expect the cheaper mirrors to auto-tilt on their own and have the same features? That's like getting the regular LEDs and expecting them to be adaptive; you get what you paid for.

Also, this lack of tilting was discussed in exhausting detail even before the M2 came out, so there was lots of information available.

And last but not least, have you tried coding it to see if the option is there but just disabled? If not, maybe give that a shot or try to find someone else with a similar car who has.
You haven't got it "straight" at all - let me make it a little clearer to understand if you're struggling.

Considering it used to be a standard feature on every single BMW with or without folding mirrors - I do think it it unreasonable the feature is disabled, given the motors are already in place and functional during mirror adjustment. And to satisfy you, yes, I have tried coding it, unfortunately to no avail.

As for it being discussed about the M2 - this is really a general complaint about modern BMW's - they've removed a standard feature across the range over time which was very helpful and convenient. And for the record, I am not a tight individual who didn't want to "pay for folding mirrors" - I just personally don't find it a particularly useful feature - it makes the car a couple of inches narrower. If someone wants to ding your car, they'll ding you car, whether your mirrors are folded in or not. I do my absolute best to park well away from these morons which incidentally doesn't cost me a penny.

Forgive my directness, however I didn't find your intended tone very polite to be honest.
Appreciate 0