08-31-2017, 01:36 PM   #15
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibbersicks View Post
You haven't got it "straight" at all - let me make it a little clearer to understand if you're struggling.

Considering it used to be a standard feature on every single BMW with or without folding mirrors - I do think it it unreasonable the feature is disabled, given the motors are already in place and functional during mirror adjustment. And to satisfy you, yes, I have tried coding it, unfortunately to no avail.

As for it being discussed about the M2 - this is really a general complaint about modern BMW's - they've removed a standard feature across the range over time which was very helpful and convenient. And for the record, I am not a tight individual who didn't want to "pay for folding mirrors" - I just personally don't find it a particularly useful feature - it makes the car a couple of inches narrower. If someone wants to ding your car, they'll ding you car, whether your mirrors are folded in or not. I do my absolute best to park well away from these morons which incidentally doesn't cost me a penny.

Forgive my directness, however I didn't find your intended tone very polite to be honest.
But that is my point - it's now a paid feature, not a standard one. We can all be upset and complain about how in the good old days it came with this or that, but the reality of the newer cars is that they don't have them. So, the way I see it, if it's a feature that would bother me throughout ownership not to have (say like heated seats are for me living in Canada), and if the cost is not unreasonable, why not pay for it? Instead of looking at paying for mirrors that make the car narrower, you could look at it as paying for the tilt function which, to me and seems to you as well, is way more useful than shaving a few inches in width.

Now, don't misunderstand that as me being super happy BMW is shaving features off of cars...a lot of manufacturers are doing this and we the customers are the ones getting screwed. I just think that, if you can afford an M2 and a specific feature is important to you, why not just pay the extra fee? Ya it sucks and it's expensive, but at the end of the day, if it makes my ownership experience better, than that's a cost I'm willing to accept.

PS: don't worry about the tone, it's the internet, and I've got some pretty thick skin
Appreciate 0