View Single Post
      06-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #20
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
I mean, I'm not sure how much of a benefit the Dinan warranty is...

Their warranty covers their product, as well as any parts which failed due to their products. You're still at risk of Dinan saying, sorry, our DP didn't cause your blown engine, it was a BMW manufacturing defect. They have every right to do just that, and have a history of doing so, actually...

Here's the language of the warranty...

US and Canadian Specification Vehicles Only
If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty, Dinan products are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty. The manufacturer’s new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. Dinan’s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold.
To obtain service under this warranty, the vehicle must be brought, upon discovery of a malfunction or defect in materials and/or workmanship, to the workshop of any Authorized Dinan Dealer, during normal business hours. Proof of purchase in the form of a lawful invoice is required. The Authorized Dinan Dealer will, without charge for parts or labor, repair or replace the defective Dinan component(s), as well as any original vehicle manufacturer’s component(s) that may have been directly affected by a Dinan component, using new or authorized remanufactured parts. The decision to repair or replace said parts is at the sole discretion of Dinan and/or the original vehicle manufacturer. Parts for which replacements are supplied under this limited warranty become the property of Dinan and/or the original vehicle manufacturer. In all cases, a reasonable period of time must be allowed for warranty repairs to be completed after the vehicle is delivered to the Authorized Dinan Dealer.

RACING ONLY PRODUCTS (like catless DPs)

Due to the nature of the intended use, Dinan Racing Products are guaranteed against defects in workmanship only. These products are not warranted against wear and/or failure under any circumstances. These products do not fall under the standard Dinan Limited Product Warranty. Racing-only parts may also affect the BMW warranty and emissions warranty.
I thought the benefit is that using the part/tune doesn't VOID the BMW warranty. I'm not worried about the warranty on a piece of metal exhaust pipe I buy for $200.

It's considered an approved modification, where "Jacks M2 Tune" is a total unknown to BMW. If your engine is toast at 15,000 miles and they see you ran Jacks Tune / No Cat I bet you're SOL if that data is actually logged.

Why would BMW give out replacement engines in this situation?
Appreciate 0