11-20-2009, 02:48 AM   #2
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygilbo View Post
I have just been reading in the US section about how they can buy their cars under the European Delivery Experience.

Have a look at this if you haven't already seen it: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268796

How good would it be if we could have this experience??

I know I'd be making a holiday out of it... Autobahn's would be amazing to unleash the fury!!!
I looked at doing this many years ago when an E30 cost about $30,000 brand new!!!

I don't know how things have changed but back then you bought and paid for the car here. It was built to ADR spec and an Aus compliance plate was fitted at the factory. You then took delivery in Munchen, had your holiday on the Autobahns and then they shipped the car back to Aus via the usual channels. Cost-wise I didn't get that far but I wouldn't imagine there'd be any savings, if not it would probably cost more.

The prob with an E9x M3 would be that you'd have to take it easy for the first 2000km, then get the first service before opening it up on the Autobahns.

I also noticed with the poster's pic of the instrument cluster...........you'd think they'd give him a full tank!!!

Appreciate 0