Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTrkJunkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickAv8r View Post
M-Sport gets you the steering wheel, that alone is worth it to me lol. Im assuming you didnt daily the DTC70s but how are they in terms of dust and warming them up?
Nope, swapped to Brembo Street pads between events. The DTC-70's are awesome on track, I've never been able to make them fade at COTA, and that's the hardest track on brakes.

That said, they are very dusty - and it's a metallic dust that will eat paint and wheel finish - and it does take a few hard stops or dragging the brake pedal to get temp in them in the morning.

On pads for the F30 with M-Performance brakes, Bimmerworld wrote me back and said Carbotech XP20's for the front and XP12's for the rear are the best go-to for the car. They ain't cheap, and are actually meant for the F8x but fit F30's with the M-brakes. So one solution found.

I think wheels will be Apex AR-8 in 18x8.5 with a +38 Offset with NT01's in a 245/18/40 square set up.

There's an event in 2 weeks at COTA with Chin and they've pinged me looking for instructors, but it's awful damn hot (102 here today) and the car just barely has 300 miles on it so it's not broken in...what to do, what to do...
plan on doing any performance mods??