badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJ View Post
Yes, there should be a notch in the top of the brake pad backing plate that the sensor clips into. The little point faces the rotor. You will need a little spring that holds it in - U-shaped bronze clip - the shop that did the work may still have it or it might still be stuck in the stock pad you took off. Without it the sensor will fall out.

There is the possibility that the wire's too short to reach - I'd be surprised, but that might be why they didn't hook it up.

As for the headlight height sensor, I think the rear sensor is on the driver's side as well (I had my rear wheels off today but forgot to look).
Crap, you are good. I think I found that clip on my old brakes. Is it this guy below? Wire looks plenty long, maybe I'll try it next time when my wheel is back off.

I took off the driver side wheel today and I think I found the box you were talking about. When the car was originally lowered, it had no problems. But I had to have the shop take the rear spring back out to put in the perches for the KW. That's when the headlights started aiming way high. I adjusted them back down.

Is this the box in question below? If so, what kind of damage is normally done? I didn't see any breaks in the wire and I don't know how to test the box. What other consequences does having this box not functioning have?

The driver side has clips for a brake pad sensor but the wire is not to be found anywhere. So I assume this sensor is passenger side only.

Thanks for your help, you really have good expertise in this.